Family Nurse Practitioner
Anthem South Windsor, CT
family nurse medical patients travel health family providers palliative care develops team medication regulations
March 14, 2023
South Windsor, CT
Responsible for collaborating with company physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values. Provides clinical and non-clinical support to patients in palliative care within a designated territory.
How will you make an impact:
- Provides services in home settings to provide care to patients.
- Develops and implements clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.).
- Gathers history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develops and implements treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
- Meets the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the company’s inter-disciplinary team.
- Educates patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
- Maintains contact with other clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and company health standards and policy.
- Maintains patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and company standards and policy.
- Participates in continuing education as required by state. Prescribes medication as permitted by state prescribing authority.
- Requires current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner (NP) license or Physician Assistant (PA) license in applicable state(s).
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required.
- CPR certification required.
- Travel required. (Must be ready work 4 Days in a week to the patiants home)
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 2 years of experience in home-based services, complex care cases, and hospice and/or palliative care preferred.
- Bedside hospital, oncology, emergency room (ER) or intensive care unit (ICU) experience highly preferred. Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Home visits will occur in or with in an hour ( or more) radius of primary location
- Reimbursement for mileage and tolls
- Readiness to Travel: 100% except one work from home day a week radius 30-45 miles from Jamaica Avenue, queens NY
- Salary Breakup: base salary DOE, sign on $15k , annual bonus 12.5% of base salary and all benefits
- Benefits: 401k with contribution, PTO, Insurances
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Home Health
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Trauma Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High acuity unit
- Urgent care center
Ability to commute/relocate:
- South Windsor, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you willing to travel to patient homes 4 days a week?
- Do you have a car and a valid driver's license?
- How soon can you start a new job?
- What is your desired annual salary?
- Describe your previous experience seeing patients in a home environment.
- Are you willing to travel to South Windsor, New Haven, or Bridgeport? Please specify which area you want to work in.
- Connecticut Nurse Practitioner License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Report this job
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry