Supervisor, Patient Access
Thank you for considering a career at Ensemble Health Partners!
Ensemble Health Partners is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management solutions for health systems, including hospitals and affiliated physician groups. They offer end-to-end revenue cycle solutions as well as a comprehensive suite of point solutions to clients across the country.
Ensemble keeps communities healthy by keeping hospitals healthy. We recognize that healthcare requires a human touch, and we believe that every touch should be meaningful. This is why our people are the most important part of who we are. By empowering them to challenge the status quo, we know they will be the difference
Organizes and coordinates the activities of assigned staff to ensure safe, effective and appropriate work in a fiscally responsible manner. Handles and solves problems related to area of assignment. Maintains a working knowledge of functions in area of responsibility. Works in conjunction with patient access manager to develop and coach staff, creating optimal performance. Conducts and oversees orientation and training of all Patient Access staff. Performs Revenue Cycle tasks that are necessary to ensure compliance and excellent customer service. Assist Patient Access Manager with day-to-day operations.
- Decision Making - Makes decisions by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information; chooses the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions.
- Courage - Proactively confronts difficult issues and effectively participates in challenging conversations; makes hard choices and takes bold action in the face of opposition or fear. Refuses defeat.
- Influencing - Uses effective persuasion techniques to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific outcomes.
- Coaching & Developing Others - Partners with individuals’ and supports their development of knowledge, skills, and abilities; empowers them to unlock their potential and maximize performance and growth knowing that developing you makes us better.
- Emotional Intelligence - Establishes and sustains trusting relationships by accurately understanding and interpreting one’s own and others’ emotions and adapts behaviors to accomplish intended results.
- Creating an Inclusive Environment - Makes decisions and initiates action to ensure that policies and business practices leverage the capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse backgrounds, cultures, styles, abilities, and motivation.
Coordinates all registration duties with direct and indirect reporting employees. Ensures registration and pre-registration duties are completed daily. Provides training to staff. Monitors daily productivity and communicates to staff. Provides and reviews reporting to track department performance in key metrics including point of service, wait times, overtime, productivity, and others as necessary. Report needs may be daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually or as requested. Assigns and coordinates staff schedule, including scheduling rotation, time off, and call-offs as necessary. Ensures that department coordinates schedule in accordance with organizational policies. Minimizes overtime while maximizing productivity. Responsible for upfront collection process tracking and monitoring. Assigns goals and provides coaching and corrective action as appropriate. On-call rotation which includes days, nights, and weekends as necessary. While performing on-call duties, the Supervisor may be required to provide administrative and educational guidance to staff via telephone. If necessary, the Supervisor may be required to fill in for call-offs, staffing issues, or unexpected volumes. Assists with developing department processes and procedures. Conducts staff training, education, and development. Conducts audits to ensure acceptable performance and provides continual coaching and education as necessary. Acts as a resource person for staff and ancillary departments. Embraces standards of behavior in ordered to provide and promote excellent customer service for both internal and external customers. Holds self and others accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence. Manages assigned projects in regard to implementing, tracking, and process changes. Reports to Patient Access Leadership routinely for monitoring. Attend facility meetings as required/needed by department and/or client to ensure process alignment and effective communication between clinical team and our team.
• 2 Year/ Associates Degree or 4 year/ Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum Years and Type of Experience: 2-3 years of supervisory experience in healthcare or business field preferred
• Ability to lead/direct others; high degree of analytical ability; working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
• Knowledge of registration, insurance, scheduling, and/or verification and hospital billing
Join an award-winning company
Three-time winner of “Best in KLAS” 2020-2022
2022 Top Workplaces Healthcare Industry Award
2022 Top Workplaces USA Award
2022 Top Workplaces Culture Excellence Awards
Purpose + Values
Bottom line, we believe in empowering people and giving them the tools and resources needed to thrive. A few of those include:
- Associate Benefits – We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support the physical, emotional, and financial health of you and your family, including healthcare, time off, retirement, and well-being programs.
- Our Culture – Ensemble is a place where associates can do their best work and be their best selves. We put people first, last and always. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, growth, and innovation.
- Growth – We invest in your professional development. Each associate will earn a professional certification relevant to their field and can obtain tuition reimbursement.
- Recognition – We offer quarterly and annual incentive programs for all employees who go beyond and keep raising the bar for themselves and the company.
Ensemble Health Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Ensemble Health Partners also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Ensemble Health Partners provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected]
EEOC – Know Your Rights
FMLA Rights - English
La FMLA Español